Wednesday 14 July 2021

Haven't we been here before?

 It certainly feels like déja vu but I'm pretty sure I've felt that way before...

The tendon injury stubbornly refused to heal up so here I am yet another two years down the line and starting over yet again.

So what's different this time?

Well, basically: Nothing.  I'm older.  I'm fatter. (138.9kg to be precise.)  I'll be a bit more cautious in ramping up effort/distance/time-on-feet.  I'll make sure I don't carry on in a pair of  shoes beyond their useful lifetime.  Beyond that. it'll be a case of trying stuff and seeing how I cope.

Almost none of my shirts/shorts still fit so I have two of each to use while I get a bit of weight off and unlock the next set of stuff.  Several of my accessories (running belts, water bottles etc have perished and are no longer usable.  I've trown out all the unused gels, bars and other out-of-date foodstuffs.  (That was quite cathartic, actually.)

So:  The  Plan.  Take it slowly and head for a 37:30 5k as a start.  No particular time scale in mind so I'll set the pace nice and easy.  Once that's done, I can hopefully ease up the "race" distance to 10k and a slightly quicker pace.  Ive no end game in mind and I'll pause when I'm feeling comfortable.

We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment