Saturday 12 January 2019

Pushing a little further


Another long run.  I had hoped to push out to 15 miles today but 14 was more than good enough.  I am still on track with my plan and I walked in the last mile.  It seemed like a very busy day with plenty of walkers, cyclists and other runners about.  Everyone seemed to have a friendly smile which was really cheering.


The road up Blackwars.
Blackwars Road.  Steeper than it looks...

I've been fuelling on my runs for the last couple of weeks and it seems to be going well. Just some energy bars for now but I might have to start to take some fluids with me going forwards.  I don't really need them yet but the Spring is only a couple of months away and I don't want to have the wheels come of in a way that can be avoided.  Best to get the habits established early.

Sunset over Wortley
I set off a bit later than I wanted which did mean I was a bit worried about finishing the run without a torch on me but as it turned out there was plenty of daylight left.  A lovely sunset, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment