Thursday 13 September 2012

5x50 Day 5

Walked about 5k with my wife, daughter and a couple of horses this morning and planned to cycle this afternoon.  Got 2.25k up the hill when I got a puncture and then ran 2.25k back down pushing the damned bike.

It would have been a decent first run after the marathon but I was wearing a seriously worn pair of running shoes which had long since been set aside for last-gasp use.  You know stuff like painting, gardening, cycling.  All those things you really hate.  So my toes hurt from the run.

And, of course, now I'm going to have to spend some more time chasing down yet another puncture.  O, how the gods of cycling amuse themselves at my expense...

4 comments:

  1. Since when have you EVER done any gardening????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had the right shoes for it. Still don't...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could lend you a pair of wellies !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure that's the look I'm going for...

    ReplyDelete