Tuesday 23 October 2018

Another go at the London Marathon?

An email came around at work today offering the chance to run the London Marathon for a charity.  This chimed with me for several reasons.


I've been very lazy for a few years and have put on a huge amount of weight.  I'm over 130kg now and I know from experience that a strong running regime is a very effective way for me to get a bit leaner.


One of the listed charities is the Motor Neurone Disease Association.  A few years ago, a close friend of the family passed away from this disease and it's an opportunity to raise some money to combat the disease and to aid sufferers.


It's been five years since I last ran a marathon and I'm keen to see if I still have what it takes.


Decision made:  I'll put my hat in the ring for the ballot.

No comments:

Post a Comment