Thursday 10 August 2017

Second session with Stroud AC

Another interval session like last week but upping the effort a little.  I worked pretty hard (for me) and dropped 10 seconds off my best time from the previous week.

I was without a watch (following my misadventures on Tuesday this week) but was able to take advantage of someone else's misfortune.


One of the members of the group was recovering from a niggle and wanted to run slowly.  She kept me company and, as well as some interesting chat, I was able to piggy back on her watch timings.  I think I remember them properly and I put a record of it together here.

We were chatting about our running histories and she was quite surprised that I'd done so many marathons in the past.  I explained that over-doing it on events in March-April 2012 was what had most probably broken my running as I never really recovered properly from doing a half-marathon, three marathons and an ultra in the space of eight weeks.

Spending so long in my own little bubble, it never occurred to me that it was outlandish to say: "I won't be repeating that mistake.  No more than one marathon distance a month once I'm back to something like proper fitness."

I heard that line repeated a few times amongst the others and I don't think they believed a word of it, really.  One day, I'll learn to keep my trap shut but that won't be any time soon.

I guess that time will tell if I am able to get back to that level of endurance again.  I'm certainly going to have a good go at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment