Friday 1 February 2013

Rebuilding

After over two months off, I'm now about a fortnight  into my return to regular running.  Predictably, there's good and there's bad...


The good is that it seems my endurance hasn't suffered as much as I had feared.  I can still get out there and run for a couple of hours without grinding to a halt.

The bad is that my pace has been destroyed.  I barely edge above 8 kph now compared to the 10 to 11 I was managing this time last year.

Well, no matter.  I will continue to build the volume of running back to where I want it and then adjust what I'm doing to get some speed-work into the mix.

To give me a fixed goal, I now have a confirmed place on the 80k EcoTrail de Paris.  Actually, I'd love to do the sister event in Brussels at some point but we shall have to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment