Thursday 31 May 2012

Unstructured Cross-Training

I buy into the idea that cross-training is a good way to get additional aerobic endurance by completing activities other than your main sport(s).  I've mostly just fallen into it though.

In the last two weeks, I have:
  • Cycled once
  • Been horse riding twice
  • Carried 40+ litres of water 100 metres downhill and then run back up with the empty containers twice a day, most days
  • Demolished a large concrete fireplace
 No real benefits yet and after only a couple of weeks, that's not a surprise.  Aside from replacing demolition with some old-fashioned digging, I'll be keeping these things on the go and definitely ramping up the cycling.  Additionally, friends here are opening up their pools so I should get some swimming in as well.

Let the Summer of Fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment