Wednesday 11 April 2012

The great recovery plan was, er, well not so great as it happens.  I spent another few days with no motivation and even less energy.  And the wet, dreary weather hasn't helped.  I just spent a few years in Belgium and I've had my fill of yomping through the rain. And the snow.  And the ice...
Yesterday, I so nearly got back to it but a few glasses of wine at lunchtime seemed like all the excuse I needed to stay indoors again.

Finally, today I made it out of the door and into the wind and rain for the first time in more than a week.  I ran just over 11k in a decent time (for me).  A little bit achy but feeling much refreshed.  And, of course, the minute I got back in, the sun came out.  Grrr....

Well, I will have to be a bit canny now as the Paris  Marathon is only a few days away.

New plan:  Just do an easy, slow 5k on Friday and my usual 2-3k on Saturday.  Any doubts about form and I'll give it a miss on Sunday as London is the big focus.  It's not that I value one less than the other but places at Paris are not as insanely difficult to get hold of.  Oh and it's Jubilee and Olympics year in London.  And the Elite women's and men's fields are incredible.  It'll be a privilege to stumble around a few hours behind them...


No comments:

Post a Comment