Saturday 5 March 2011

The night before.

The condemned had a hearty last meal.  Found a great little Italian place just round the corner from the hotel I am staying in.  The ride down here on my motorcycle was very cold but a hearty pasta meal soon put that right.

I collected my "dossard" (race number) this afternoon from the Flower Garden and enjoyed walking round the Palais de Vincennes and the Donjon on a crisp, sunny day.  Paris in th springtime.  There was also a "village" of stalls and stands, all aimed directly at the participants.  From two people at a table promoting their local runs to massive corporate stands selling training shoes, sugary water, snake oil and gadgets.  No actual hard sell but it's difficult not to get caught up in the whole thing.


Don't think I'll be sleeping too well tonight though I am more excited than afraid now.  Going to go for a walk to settle my stomach and calm the nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment