Saturday 12 August 2017

First time out with the Fenix

Still feeling a bit tight in the calves from Thursday's session but went out for a shorter run tonight.

The Fenix is odd to use after so many years with the touch interface of the Forerunner 620 but I think I'll become accustomed to it soon enough.  Satellite lock took ages for some reason and I'm not too impressed with the track (here) as I was on the same road/track the whole way.  On the plus side, the sync and WiFi features are excellent.

As for the run, I'm seeing benefits from the training sessions with Stroud AC already as I knocked 4 minutes of my previous times on this route.  I'd say that a minute was due to the slightly short track due to the GPS lock issue mentioned above.  Even so, that's a significant improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment