Saturday 1 July 2017

Back at the beginning

It's been about 4 years since I did any serious running now and I'm almost back where I started back in 2010.  Way back here.  It seems so long ago, now.

My weight is well over 120kg again, my gout medication is pretty much maxed out and my blood pressure isn't looking too good.

So it's time to start over.  Properly this time.


I've had a couple of tries at restarting though for one reason or another, they never really stuck.  I had a couple of good excuses (broken foot, broken elbow) but there have been plenty of other times that I just haven't got on with it.

It's not all bad, though.  I work in London a few days a week and about 18 months ago, I bought a folding bike to take with me.  So now, I don't use the tube or the bus when in the City.  That means that, at the very least, I do about 15 to 20 miles of commuter cycling each week.  I guess that gives me a better base to start from than when I first started out.

Next step is a trip to the doctor to make sure I'm not about to do more harm than good.

Note:  It will look like a slew of posts all just happened overnight as I'm going to sit on them for a few weeks before I publish.  This is purely because I want to fail privately if this doesn't work out.  Again.  Sad, I know, but I don't want to put any additional pressure on myself so early on.

No comments:

Post a Comment