Monday 8 October 2012

5x50 Day 30: Recovery and Race Result for MdV

After a fairly awkward evening hobbling up and down the stairs, a good night of sleep worked its usual miracle.  I felt better than I had hoped this morning and so, just before lunch, I went for a recovery run.

6.3k in 46 minutes isn't going to set the world on fire but I felt the fatigue from yesterday from the very first step.  Encouragingly, it didn't get harder as I progressed and I kept a pretty steady pace, even on the hills.

Also, just got the official time for the Marathon des Villages and it isn't pretty:

42.2k  5:25:34

Placed 670 of 687 finishers, 251 of 254 in class.

There were 822 signed up for the marathon.  My guess is that a lot of people were put off by the rain overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment