Wednesday 12 September 2012

5x50 Day 4

Well, that could have been better.  My plan was to do the same cycling as yesterday15k with the first 5k hilly.

Started OK and then I got one of those little reminders that I need a running repairs toolkit on my bike.  A puncture at 8.5k.  So, that was followed by about 5k walk as I pushed the bike back home.

On the bright side, I don't have a blister any more.  Yeah.  Hmm.

Anyway, After repairing the puncture, I did a bit of Googling for How-To videos on adjusting Shimano Derailleur gears.  Thanks to Evans Cycles of the UK and to my iPhone, I have also learned how to tune both front and rear so they actually change when I want them to and don't periodically throw the chain off.  Result.

Bottom of my foot is throbbing now where there used to be a big, fat blister, though.  Drat...

No comments:

Post a Comment