Tuesday 26 June 2012

Contacting Garmin: A Good Result.

If I get bad service, I'm the first to complain.  It seems only fair that when a company responds quickly and helpfully then I should make it known also.


I have a Garmin Forerunner 610 watch with which I have been recording almost every session since last October.  A couple of months ago, I was on a marathon and the strap came off.  Each half of the strap is joined to the watch by a pin and this slid out enough that the whole thing came undone and fell on the floor.  Thankfully, I was at an aid station when this happened and no damage was done.  Over the last few weeks, it's become worse and it's a real distraction to have to keep checking that we're not about to part company.

So today I called Garmin's support number.  I was expecting this to be tricky as the watch was bought in the US (Thanks, Chris!), registered in the UK and I'm currently in France.  The call was answered quickly and very politely.  They efficiently determined the issue and went to check on stocks for spare parts.  Within a few minutes, they were asking for an address to send the replacement strap to and didn't even hesitate when I asked for it to be sent to France.

All things being equal, I should get the part in the next few days.  No charge, no fuss, no hassle.

Well done, Garmin.

1 comment:

  1. Replacement strap and pin arrived this morning while I was out on a run. Fitted in just a few minutes and will be tested as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete