Tuesday 8 May 2012

Charity update: May 2012

First, today's great news:  Claire Lomas has completed her London Marathon in 16 days 4 hours and five minutes.  An amazing result  and we're really pleased for her.  She completed the distance in her robotic walking aid and raised over £90,000 for Spinal Research.  My family and I walked with her for a few hours on day 2 of her attempt and she is a special and determined person.  Now I just need to figure out how to send her my Finishers medal from the London marathon.  The organisers say she doesn't qualify (having taken more than a day) but I think she deserves it much more than I do...

Also, I'm pleased to say that my own sponsorship for completing the Paris and London Marathons has edged over £1000, more when the Gift Aid is reclaimed.  Thank you to everyone that has helped us in supporting this very worthwhile charity work.  Particular thanks for the efforts of two local restaurants on our behalf:  Camping La Plage and Harveys collected over £125 between them.  Also contributing to the last push were generous off-line donations from the Cameron family and Howard Lloyd.  Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. You're a gent Mike, hope you can get it to her. Well done with reaching the £1000!!!

    ReplyDelete