Friday 9 September 2011

Dreading tomorrow...

Went for a slow, short run today just to get things ticking over for tomorrow.  All I can do now is wait.  And I am seriously fearful that I won't finish what is, honestly,  a HUGE challenge.  Perhaps I have over-reached this time?

A good friend and running mentor is going to take me to the start tomorrow, picking me up at stupid o'clock in the morning.  He's an experienced marathoner and it's a great comfort to have him with me tomorrow.

Family and friends (visiting from Holland) are going to aim to hook up with me at  around 21km to give shouty encouragement there and at a few other points.  Beer and shower at the finish and then we're invited for refreshments on the way  back with some other friends whose son is also running the marathon.

If I can, I  want to try to do a short run on Sunday just to keep from seizing up but  I'll definitely be playing that by ear...

No comments:

Post a Comment